In September 2015, Yuko-en on the Elkhorn will celebrate its 15th Anniversary. The Trustees of the Garden are looking forward to the next 5 years as the plantings mature. As the infrastructure increases with the opening of the Four Seasons Educational Villa in 2013, and needed pond restoration, there is also a greater responsibility of stewardship. However, at the moment, Yuko-en is run entirely by volunteers and donations, both in-kind and monetary.
The main goals for the next 5 years are to:
- Complete the kitchen with catering equipment and supplies through donations, both in kind and monetary
- Secure a sufficient revenue stream to cover day to day maintenance of both buildings and landscape from rentals of the Villa and gardens
- Hire a facility manager
- Develop schedule and financial plan for major infrastructure restoration projects
- Expand the infrastructure to include a trail head center, space for offices, classrooms for arts and
environmental programming and exhibitions, additional storage and outdoor bathrooms through donations and grants
- Develop and expand programming in the arts, environment, and cultural exchange through partnerships and grants
- Develop a volunteer core
Join the Trustees in the vision for the future of Yuko-en on the Elkhorn. Call 502.316.4554 to discuss how you can help.